German name of Wroclaw, city in Poland
Fishburn and Hughes: "The German name of Wroclaw, a city in Polish Silesia, which belonged to Germany until 1945.
Jews have lived in and been expelled from Breslau many times since 1203. At the end of the eighteenth century they gained a foothold in the city, and Breslau was the home of many distinguished Jewish scholars. In 1939 the Jews numbered 10,309; from 1941 they were deported to concentration camps and only a few hundred survived." (32)