This book includes facsimile images of seven Borges essays, with an introduction by Daniel Balderston. Each essay is accompanied by a typographical transcription, an introduction and a commentary. 164 pages.
This is the second of three books in a series of facsimiles of Borges manuscripts with transcriptions and commentaries. A book of poems and short prose pieces, Poemas y prosas breves, was published in 2018. Following this book on essays, a book of short stories (Cuentos) will be published in the coming months.
Table of contents:
Introducción, Daniel Balderston 7
1. Viejo hábito argentino / Nuestro pobre individualismo (1946) 19
2. La muralla y los libros (1950) 41
3. Dos fechas / El pudor de la historia (1952) 49
4. La obra de Flaubert (1952) 60
5. Destino escandinavo (1953) 145
Obras citadas 157